China to intensify undersea search for MH370
BEIJING, April 28 (Xinhua/Sun) -- China Maritime Search and Rescue Centre said on Monday that it will adjust search operations for flight MH370 and intensify the underwater search.
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott said earlier on Monday that the search of the missing aircraft will enter a new phase with seabed searches expanded to a much larger area.
The Chinese centre said it will dispatch new vessels that can meet the needs for undersea search to join the operation and continue to cooperate with other countries.
The centre is maintaining active communication and coordination with their counterparts in Malaysia and Australia to come up with detailed search plans.
According to the centre, the Chinese vessel Haixun 01 and Navy vessels 999, 998, 171 and 886 are still searching in waters west of Australia and the Navy vessel 863 is continuing the search in eastern Indian Ocean.
The hunt for the plane has been on-going since the aircraft disappeared on March 8 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
The country has dispatched 18 vessels and mobilized 86 merchant and fishing ships in a search over 1.3 million square kilometres, according to the centre. Nothing has been found.