Listen
Shane Shillingford
Shane Shillingford

Dominica and West Indies off-break bowler Shane Shillingford moved to Barbados today to begin the rehabilitation of his bowling action.

Last year, the International Cricket Council (ICC) banned Shillingford from bowling in international cricket after he was reported for suspect action on November 16, during the second Test against India in Mumbai. Shillingford then underwent biomechanical analysis in Perth, Australia on November 29, 2013.

An ICC statement said that an independent biomechanical analysis had revealed that for both Shillingford's standard off-break delivery and his doosra, the amount of elbow extension in his bowling action exceeded the 15 degrees' level of tolerance permitted under the ICC regulations. Shillingford will remain suspended until new analysis proves his action has been corrected.

Shillingford told reporters just before leaving for Barbados that the West Indies Cricket Board has organised a rehabilitation programme and he was confident that he would return to international cricket.

"I'm definitely confident in terms of the feedback that the coach gave me, so that's why I'm looking forward to going back and start my training," Shillingford said.

As far as the doosra is concerned, Shillingford said his coaches are "going to try (their) best to remodel it."

However, Shillingford had no time-frame in mind for his return.

"It's up to me to go out there and continue doing what I do," he said. "I trust in God."


Listen