Six Human Needs
The human experience is the best show going! I am fascinated by the whole enormity of it. So are many researchers. Hence studies are done to find out the inner most working of the human being. One such study I found focuses on six human needs which I find significant. Take a moment to read and answer the questions below for some insight into your own psyche.
- Certainty/ assurance. People want to know they can avoid pain and gain pleasure in life.
- Uncertainty with variety. On the other hand people need new stimuli, change and adventure of the unknown as well.
- Significance. Humans need to feel unique, important, special and needed.
- Connection and love. Humans need a strong feeling of closeness or union with someone or something.
- Growth. All of us need to feel an expansion of capacity, capability or understanding.
- Contribution. A sense of service and focus on helping, giving to and supporting others.
So now ask yourself: 1. Which of these six do I focus on or value the most? 2. What are the ways I met these needs (positive or negative)? 3. How can I increase my focus on growth and contribution? What are some things I can do or new experiences I can participate in?
For more information call us 440-3118|9 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.